If you are like many property owners, you may wonder if mold is a significant threat to your building and the people inside. Should you schedule a mold inspection? Do you need remediation services? At AdvantaClean of Michiana, we are indoor air quality experts, and we help our customers with their mold remediation concerns all the time. Here are a few times when you SHOULD schedule a mold inspection and a few times when a mold inspection is not necessary:
Mold Inspection “Go”
1. Visible mold is NOT present, but you can smell mold.
2. Plumbing leaks and other water damage is present, which may indicate hidden mold in the walls or in the air.
3. Health concerns have led your doctor to suggest you may need a mold inspection to determine if your property is contaminated.
4. As part of a real estate inspection, you would like to confirm that mold is not present within a property you are buying or selling.
Mold Inspection “No”
1. Visible mold IS present. While this may sound strange, the truth is that it doesn’t matter what kind of mold is present if you already know the problem exists. You’ll just need to call a professional for help removing it.
2. Old water damage issues have been alleviated previously and there is nothing to suggest an ongoing mold concern.
3. You have taken proper moisture control measures at your home or business, providing the necessary continuous protection.
What’s the most important take-away from this list? That you’ll need a professional in BOTH cases! Not only do you need a professional to complete mold testing if you are experiencing indoor air quality issues, but you’ll also need a professional to complete mold remediation whether or not visible mold is present.
At AdvantaClean of Michiana, we are equipped to assist with this service should you need help determining whether mold poses a significant risk at your home or business. Contact us today to learn more.
If you’ve ever asked, “Where can I find air duct cleaning & mold removal services near me in Valparaiso, Indiana?” turn to us at AdvantaClean of Michiana.AdvantaClean of Michiana
If you have visible mold, then we'll give you a free estimate!
|AdvantaClean of Michiana provides service in the following and surrounding areas: Beverly Shores, Boone Grove, Brook, Buffalo, Cedar Lake, Chesterton, Crown Point, Demotte, Dyer, Fair Oaks, Francesville, Gary, Goodland, Granger, Grovertown, Hamlet, Hanna, Hebron, Hobart, Kentland, Kingsbury, Kingsford Heights, Knox, Kouts, La Crosse, La Porte, Lake Station, Lake Village, Lakeville, Lowell, Medaryville, Merrillville, Michigan City, Mill Creek, Mishawaka, Monon, Morocco, Mount Ayr, New Carlisle, North Judson, North Liberty, Portage, Rensselaer, Rolling Prairie, Saint John, San Pierre, Schererville, Schneider, Shelby, South Bend, Thayer, Union Mills, Valparaiso, Walkerton, Wanatah, Wheatfield, Westville, Wheeler, Winamac|
Are you a seller who has noticed visible mold?
Avoid delays... Read More